So you're tasked with managing grants but you have no grants team. You're not alone: Most local governments lack a grants management team to pursue and manage grants; instead, staff members work grants management into their already heavy workload. The result is an inefficient strategy and lost opportunities for awards.
To address this issue, eCivis is co-hosting a webinar with ICMA on developing a smart grants management approach even if grants are not your primary responsibility. This webinar will be conducted by:
- Ryan Baird, Director of Client Services at eCivis: Ryan manages a portfolio of clients that include the State of Arizona, the City of Los Angeles, Harris County, TX, and the City of Detroit.
- Kevin Harper, CPA, founder of Kevin Harper CPA & Associates: Kevin brings 28 years of professional experience entirely in service to local government, having conducted over 300 audits of local governments.
The webinar will provide best practices for small and large cities alike, with examples from:
- Austin Bleess, City Manager for the City of Caribou, Maine (population 8,137)
- Mary Modelski, Division Chief – Internal Audit/SLEB Certification, Alameda County, California (population 1,510,271)
- How to get started in grants management
- Pursuing the right grants to support your funding goals
- Developing an internal process for managing grants
- Financial roles and responsibilities in grants management
- Avoiding pitfalls
Dates and Details
The webinar will take place Wednesday, November 05, 2014, at 2:00 p.m. Eastern/1:00 p.m. Central/12:00 p.m. Mountain/11:00 a.m. Pacific
Read more about the webinar by clicking the button below: