The application period for the FY2014 Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) opens today, November 3, 2014, at 8:00 A.M. EST and closes on December 5, 2014, at 5:00 P.M. EST. Total funding available for FY2014 is $304,503,764, with the number of available awards set at 2,700.The AFG program provides financial assistance to enhance the health and safety of the public and firefighting personnel and to provide support for emergency responders regarding fire, medical, and all-hazard events. This year's objective is to award grants directly to fire departments, nonaffiliated EMS organizations, and SFTAs for critically needed resources to protect the public, train emergency personnel, foster interoperability, and support community resilience. Eligible activities requested that have an immediate impact on the safety of emergency responders, other personnel, or the public may receive additional consideration during the application review process.
Here are some resources to get your grant team going:
- AFG checklist and Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA): http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/99388
- Workshops on AFG priorities for this year by region: https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/97724
- Regional Workshop Presentation: http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/98221
- SAM.gov Get Ready Guide: http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/98871
- AFG Get Ready Guide: http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/99388
For those that will be applying for the 2017 Assistance to Firefighters Grant, here are some specific tips from Washington's The Ferguson Group to put your best application forward: https://blog.ecivis.com/afg-2017-tips-for-success